Holy cow! This painting took FOR-EV-ER. Well, it really didn’t take that long (stupid school). I just haven’t had any time to work on it (stupid school). But it’s finally finished. (Stupid school)
I was having issues with the support. I used an arches watercolor board, which are usually super awesome to use but this time the paper finish didn’t take the paint the way it’s supposed to, it’s hard to explain. Anyway I had to use body color (gauche) to get smooth washes on the background. Also I used a liquid frisket to mask off the white areas but the frisket was too old (sigh) so it wouldn’t come off. I had to scratch it off with a razor blade (lame) but despite all that I think it turned out just fine. Enjoy!!