Hello friends and well wishers! So I didn’t finish or start this painting on the same day but I still feel justified calling this a create7in7 painting. It’s nearly finished and I am so excited that I’m finally getting the hang of this ‘oil’ business. It’s about 90% done. Enjoy!
Heck yeah! Day 5 of Create7in7 is done!!! I decided to try oil again, after the semi-success of my last painting. This time, however, I painted all of the background image with acrylic, and the foreground in oil. I have been doing a similar technique with some of my other paintings, Heart of gold, and Peas in a pod, painting the background in goauch and the foreground in transparent watercolor. The subject matter (just incase your not familiar with the little known show of ‘The Simpsons’) is either Kang or Kodos (I can’t tell which one it is) Anyway thanks for stopping by, and keep an eye out for Look7in7 day 6!
Oh! I wanted to share the progress of my last painting with you wonderful followers! Here it is,
Alright, so I didn’t finish yesterdays Create7in7 painting. I would like to say that I tried really, really hard and only gave up after hours and hours of painting, but… I didn’t. I started painting at about seven-thirty pm and stopped around nine. However, I am really excited about this painting. I suck at oil painting, straight up. I just don’t understand it or I’m intimidated by it or something. Every time I give oil a shot I end up frustrated and cursing, but this one isn’t sucking that hard. I’m pleasantly surprised. Sure it’s not perfect, and I’m sure I’m doing it all wrong, but hey, I like it. In fact I am going to work on it as soon as I’m finished with this post. Right now. Bye.
This is day 3 of Create7in7 (I explained what this is here) I was messing around all day yesterday not doing anything (it was saturday, after all) until around eight O’clock when I suddenly had a flash on inspiration. I should start a series of work I have dubbed, ‘Jar Jar must die’. (your welcome)
I had bought the Jar Jar figure a couple weeks ago with the intention of having other toys kill, maim, and torture him. I really hate Jar Jar. So last night I decided to start the ‘Jar Jar must die’ series of paintings off with this one. Admittedly this isn’t my best work and the colored pencils were unusually messy but I think I got my point across. I really don’t like Jar Jar. I may revise this piece, redo it larger or in watercolor. I haven’t decided yet, but I really like the alphabet magnets. I think they’re my favorite part.
So remember yesterday when I said I didn’t want to paint something lame like fruit… well I painted fruit. Mmmmm…. those words taste good… I tried to paint something cool, but I just couldn’t finish it *sadface* This is as far as I got-
So anyway I think the Ninja Turtle watercolor painting will be pretty awesome once its finished. I just realized that I was rushing it when I really didn’t have to. The 7in7 thing is cool but not cool enough to ruin a painting I have been planning for a month.
Which leads me to ‘fruit and junk’. At about 10 last night I had the above realization and decided to do something significantly easier, a still life in colored pencil. So I went to my fridge and fruit bowl grabbed some fruit and veggies and arranged them in a semi-pleasing manner and half an hour later I was finished with Look7in7 day two.
Hey guys!! I (for some crazy reason) elected to participate in Create7in7. It’s a challenge for artists of all types (music, writing, and visual) to create seven original, complete pieces of art in seven days.
Now, I could go the easy way out and do some still life drawing/paintings that only take a couple of hours from start to finish, (I will probably do this Monday-Wednesday) but I really wanted to create pieces that I could add to my Toy/Imagination series of paintings.
To that end I decided to do another painting of ‘Peas in a pod.‘ (in colored pencil this time). I wanted it to be more colorful and creative (and larger, the original was just 8inx10in this one is 12inx16in) this time around so I threw in some symbolism. It took about 8 hours from start to finish. The peas could have used some more contrast, but for the most part, I really like how it turned out. Enjoy!